BNA Board minutes 12-7-23
Filed under "Board Minutes"
More articles »
Board of Directors Minutes
December 7, 2023
Location: Fishman Law Firm
Officers: President Marcus Coenen, Vice President Dave Busiek, Treasurer Jay Cox-Kozel, Secretary Nicholas Mertes
Board: Eddie Fishman, Craig Vandeventer, Adam Plagge
- Call to Order at 7:00 pm – Marcus Coenen
- Approval of Agenda: Motion carried with addition of discussion on lead pipes program
- Approval of November meeting minutes: Motion carried
- Treasurer’s Report and monthly financials: motion carried/approved.
- Per direction of board, excess funds invested in HY savings via laddered CDs to take advantage of interest rate environment and provide liquidity as needed.
- Public Comment: Discussion on holiday events- could benefit from a reimagining of events.
- Draft 2024 Budget review
- Projecting slightly higher donations for 2024 based on historical data. Adjusted membership and merchandise sales down slightly.
- Events like Holiday Happenings budgeted as revenue neutral
- May have need to replace memorial trees on occasion.
- Business open house event hosted by Public Affairs continues to be popular
- Website – Dave working on potential option to migrate to Wordpress, will report back.
- Scholarship Research update (Craig)
- Still working on options, discussed with Hoover HS.
- Need to revisit options on how funds would be paid- can they be funded directly to an individual, to the school, 529 plan?
- Requirements could include volunteer projects in Beaverdale, letter(s) of recommendation. Goals would include community betterment, fostering a volunteering mindset.
- NW Community Center contract- approve Don Piper as authorized signer
- Motion carried
- Succession planning
- Will need to elect officers in February annual meeting as Marcus terming off of board
- Other business
- BNA Instagram account- may already be one that is largely dormant. Discussed designating a couple of people to curate going forward
- Bluegrass task force resolution needed- Eddie will draft
- Craig shared update/details on lead pipe repair/replacement program
- Meeting adjourned at 8:00pm.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.