BNA Board Minutes 10-5-23
Filed under "Board Minutes"
More articles »
Board of Directors Minutes
October 5, 2023
Location: Fishman Law Firm
Officers: President Marcus Coenen, Treasurer Jay Cox-Kozel, Secretary Nicholas Mertes
Board: Eddie Fishman, Kylie Spies, Adam Plagge, Missy Reams, Chris Friest, Therese Herold, Derek Self,
Guests: Craig Vandeventer, Rob Barron
- Call to Order at 7:00 pm – Marcus Coenen
- Approval of Agenda: Add sidewalk discussion, Motion carried.
- Consider appointment of Craig Vandeventer to BNA Board of Directors. Recommend stand for election in February. Motion Carried.
- Approval of September meeting minutes: Motion carried
- Treasurer’s Report and monthly financials: motion carried/approved.
- Finances in solid shape, merchandise sales and membership improved.
- Public Comment: None
- Discussion of investment options for surplus assets
- Short and medium term allocation of excess assets can be structured to provide better returns than available in checking account.
- Funds will be allocated per attached proposal, laddering Schwab CDs quarterly.
- Discussion of surplus spending options
- Ideas include scholarship, Beaverdale Park donation, mural upkeep/repair, Beaver Ave amenities (furniture, trash cans, etc.), Tree lights (solar), Art Bus Shelter.
- Scholarship option may be onerous to administer. Craig V will research option to donate to existing program at Hoover High School.
- Could also donate to clothing drives, school supplies, holiday programs
- 2024 Budget schedule
- Jay will need budget estimates by November for vote on proposed budget in January.
- Booverdale Trick or Treat update
- Therese shared that planning is going well, event scheduled for Oct 26th 4-6PM. Therese is coordinating businesses, candy and marketing.
- Holiday Happenings update – December 2nd
- Kate would like to get Facebook post up soon. No shop hop this year. We will have Santa (Tom and Mike coordinating), a tree lighting event (Adam/Chris) at the “Ace alcove” at approx 5-5:30, Bike tour, and Bar/Restaurant Hop (Jay/Nick).
- Other business
- Sidewalk- need more info on deadlines for content
- Beaverdale Bluegrass- partnering with Fall Festival to share point of sale system, in return BNA can share tables/chairs, storage as needed.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:10pm.
Leave Your Comments
We welcome your comments. Please leave your ideas and opinions below.