Snow Busters - Beaverdale
***Applications are not being accepted at this time.***
Snow Busters is a program operated by the Beaverdale Neighborhood Association. This program matches Beaverdale's seniors and the physically challenged with individuals who are willing to shovel these seniors and physically challenged individuals' sidewalks.
To be eligible to be matched with a volunteer, an individual must:
- be a resident of Beaverdale
- be over 60 years of age or a person with a physical disability
- have limited financial resources (income up to 133% of the Federal Poverty Level)
- be unable to shovel his or her sidewalk
You will be notified when you have been matched with a volunteer. Please note that this program is not available to match people in real time; because the need for assistance typically exceeds the number of available volunteers, there may be a wait list before a match can be made.
Community volunteers are Snow Busters. A Snow Buster...
- is matched with a resident FOR THE SEASON who lives within Beaverdale.
- shovels the public sidewalk ONLY of the resident within 48 hours of a snowfall of two inches or more
- assists the resident for one snow season beginning in the fall and ending in the spring
The Snow Busters program is not set up to send volunteers on demand to those needing assistance. ***There is no guarantee that you will be matched.***
Click Here for an application for assistance.
Click Here for an application to volunteer.